Hello EA community!

If you're in Princeton, you should come check out our dinner and discussion groups! We meet every Monday from 6-7pm. We will be serving free Indian Food dinner thanks to the generosity of the Center for Effective Altruism :)

RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/723898838129419/

We actually have a lot of cool events on this semester, from board game socials to dinner discussion groups with Peter Singer. Plus William MacAskill will be visiting us on September 30th! You can follow us here for more event updates: https://www.facebook.com/PrincetonEffectiveAltruists/

Reactions

Comments5
Sorted by Click to highlight new comments since: Today at 8:54 PM

Hello Abby,

I'm hoping you may clarify which events, if any, would be open to people who are not Princeton students/fellows/faculty.

I have no affiliation with the university, although I live nearby. Thanks

Hello hello!

Our big lectures (e.g., Will MacAskill on September 30th) are open to ALL, regardless of university affiliation. Hope you can come :)

Our weekly dinner discussion groups are also open to all. They are pretty short (60 minutes) so they're only worth coming to if you're not commuting from far away. Since we order food in advance for these, it would be super helpful to RSVP on facebook if you're planning to come.

A small selection of our events will be closed due to huge demand. For example, people will need to apply for dinner with Peter Singer. This will be made clear in our publicity for each event.

Yours,

Abby

Thank you for the information - I'll keep tabs via your groups FB page for future events! Sorry for such a delayed response - I haven't been able to check in on these forums as much as I'd like lately.

Note on moderation: For local events in areas outside of major cities, we generally use the "personal blog" category. This means the post will be less visible for most Forum users (for whom it won't be relevant), but still shareable with targeted audiences.

Sir, I resent your insinuation that Princeton is not a major city.

I'll have you know our population is large enough to support a bar AND a pub. The latter only serves ice cream, but still.