Founders Pledge is looking for someone to lead our growth and community in Berlin. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to raise a huge amount of money for effective charities and build an unrivalled network in the Berlin startup scene.
To apply please send a short email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founders Pledge is a global community of founders and investors who have collectively pledged more than $227,000,000 of their personal proceeds from exit (business sale) to high-impact charities. We want to change the role of the tech industry in society by creating transformative relationships between entrepreneurs and charities.
As a registered charity in the UK, the US and soon to be Germany, Founders Pledge’s mission is to strip down the barriers to charitable giving, making it easy for technology entrepreneurs to give back to society. Founders Pledge is also processing its first 20+ exits, summing to more than $9,000,000 in donations.
You would be joining to lead our community-building in Germany at an early and critical stage in our international expansion. You will work closely with our London HQ but be based in our Berlin office. This a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in having the most impact through tech as well as building exceptional experience in marketing and sales. You’ll learn a lot about what it takes to get a new business off the ground.
You’ll have two aims:
1. Grow the Founders Pledge community by reaching out to and engaging founders and investors (especially key players) in the Berlin startup ecosystem.
2. Provide the German pledger community with the support and tools they need to be effective philanthropists.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
It will be largely up to you to determine how best to achieve your aims, but we expect that this will look like:
- Identify, approach and engage founders, investors and VCs, leading them into the early stage of the pledger pipeline, at which point the Growth team in London will reach out to them.
- Design an events programme to engage the German community and prompt discussion about effective giving in the Berlin tech ecosystem.
- Build relationships with our pledger community to help activate them as advocates and supporters.
- Represent Founders Pledge through public speaking and networking at external conferences and meetups.
- Experience working in the Berlin startup community.
- Experience building offline communities, networking and pitching.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Exceptional people skills. Must be personable, persuasive and a fantastic communicator. Able to be warm, personal and empathetic to understand and effectively respond to our Founders’ and Investors’ needs.
- Social impact mindset. Must be personally motivated by achieving social impact and view projects through the lens of how they may help us create the greatest impact.
- Analytical ability. Must be able to generate ideas to solve complex problems and experiment to find the best way to achieve a goal.
- Sector awareness. Good understanding of entrepreneurship, venture capital, basic economics, tax law and the startup landscape, or an exceptional ability to pick this up quickly.
- Grit – Must have the drive to hammer away at a problem until a goal is reached, even if achieved in unusual, out of the box ways.
YOU’D ENJOY THIS JOB IF
You’re passionate about creating meaningful change in the world, you love being part of a high growth organization and have ambitions to build an unrivalled network in the German speaking tech community.