Ideas to improve the Effective Altruism movement include:
* include scoring, ranking, and distance measures of the altruistic value of the outcome of all personal behaviors, including all spending behaviors.
* research the causal relations of personal behaviors and the altruistic value of the consequences of personal behaviors.
* treat altruistic value as a relative and subjective metric with positive, null, and negative possible values.
* provide public research and debate on the size and certainty of altruistic values assigned to all common human behaviors (by individual EA practitioners).
Successful implementation of these ideas yields:
* robust maps of consequences of all personal behaviors and their relative altruistic value.
* an end to context-limited assessments of one's effective altruism over one's life so far.