WANBAM are delighted to make available our Fireside Chat Series. You can find videos here. A link to the transcripts can be found in the comment section below each video.
During the last four months, we held Fireside Chats with:
- Neela Saldanha, Board Member of The Life You Can Save (TLYCS), Founding Director of the Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC) at Ashoka University, and independent consultant advising organizations like the Busara Center for Behavioral Economics and Dvara Money.
- Catherine Hollander, Senior Research Analyst with an Outreach Focus and Olivia Larsen, Research Analyst with an Outreach Focus for GiveWell.
- Jade Leung, former Head of Research & Partnerships with the Centre for the Governance of Artificial Intelligence (GovAI). (Interviewed by Holly Crockford, Global Shaper with the World Economic Forum).
- Rosie Campbell, Program Lead at the Partnership on AI and former Assistant Director of the Center for Human-Compatible AI at Berkeley.
- Leah Edgerton, Executive Director and Jaya Bhumitra, Managing Director of Animal Charity Evaluators (ACE). (Interviewed by Avani Bhojwani, Research Scientist at Vow).
- Alayna Kennedy, Public Sector Consultant and AI Ethics Researcher at IBM (Interviewed by Gabriella Overödder, Executive Director at Effektiv Altruism).
- Jessica Almy, the Director of Policy at the Good Food Institute (GFI) and Claire Bomkamp, a Senior Scientist with a cultivated seafood specialization. (Interviewed by Chloe Dempsey, Research Fellow at The Cellular Agriculture Society and Postgraduate of Yenching Academy of Peking University).
- Karolina Sarek, co-founder and Director of Research at Charity Entrepreneurship, Fund Manager at the EA Animal Welfare Fund, consultant for various EA non-profits, and a director and mentor at WANBAM. (Karolina very kindly prepared resources on decision-making, now on the WANBAM blog here).
These career profiles dive into the interviewee’s background, the day-to-day of their role, what advice they would give to someone wishing to pursue a career like theirs, followed by a Q and A from the audience. If you like the profiles or know someone who would be sure to share!
For any questions or to give feedback, please reach out to Kathryn Mecrow-Flynn at email@example.com.