(disclaimer in case not evident - I work at FP)
PERSONAL & DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
($40,000 - $45,000)
Founders Pledge is a global community of founders and investors who have collectively pledged more than $420,000,000 of their personal proceeds from exit (business sale) to high-impact charities.
As a registered charity in the UK, the US and Germany, Founders Pledge’s mission is to make it the norm for technology entrepreneurs to both give more and give more effectively. We do this by asking founders to legally commit to giving as part of a wider movement and providing the research and expertise founders need to make informed decisions.
You would be joining as the second employee of the US team at a critical stage in our growth. You will be based in our New York City HQ and will work closely with the CEO of Founders Pledge North America. This a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in working with start-ups, non-profits, and the technology sector, as well as building exceptional experience in scaling start-ups, entering international markets, and building regional hubs. You’ll learn a lot about the North American tech sector and get a comprehensive overview of the markets.
This is a critical behind the scenes role to grow the North American community and the funds we can deliver to charity. You’ll have three aims:
Launch and consolidate Founders Pledge into new markets: This will involve market research to identify the key players in each start-up ecosystem and to identify the best channel of communication.
Support the Founders Pledge community: You will support with ecosystem outreach, events management, and community engagement.
Support the CEO in admin and everyday tasks.
What You'll Do
You will be a critical part of building our North American community by working directly with the CEO.
While we have a process to achieve our expansion aims, we will want you to improve and refine it based on your experience. You will:
- Research conferences and events in each ecosystem;
- Work with the CEO and Community Team to implement regional events programs to engage our network;
- Support the post-event process, data gathering, and community relationship nurturing;
- Correspond with target founders, scheduling meetings between them and the CEO, and help introduce Founders Pledge by engaging them with our events programs;
- Maintain a close eye on market developments including recent funding rounds, exits, and other news in order to check-in with key stakeholders;
- Negotiating travel schedules and costs;
- Recording all expenses correctly;
- Coordinating lunches and dinners with key stakeholders in the ecosystem;
- Triaging key decisions needed to be made each day, such as important emails, invitations, deadlines, reminders, etc.
- One year’s experience in an admin / personal assistant role;
- Experience in marketing, community, and events;
- Experience in the tech sector preferable;
- Fluent in English - other languages would be a plus;
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Organizational abilities. Must be highly detail oriented, and be able to work quickly and efficiently, operating as a core “behind the scenes” team-member to nicely complement the CEO’s skillset.
- Exceptional communication and people skills. Must be personable, persuasive and a fantastic communicator both offline and online. Confident to reach out cold to new contacts, as well as understanding and responding to our founders’ and investors’ needs when liaising online.
- Social impact mindset. Must be personally motivated to achieving social impact, viewing projects through the lens of how they may help us do the most good.
- Sector awareness. Good understanding of entrepreneurship, venture capital, basic economics, tax law and the start-up landscape, or a demonstrable ability to pick this up quickly.
- Grit. Must have the drive to hammer away at a problem until goals are reached, even if achieved in unusual, out-of-the-box ways. We have a big mission on our hands: getting the tech sector to give more, more effectively, so we need you to roll your sleeves up and work with the FP team to get this done!
You'd Enjoy This Job If
You’re passionate about creating meaningful change in the world, love being part of a high growth organization, and have ambitions to develop an unrivalled overview of the global tech sector’s various ecosystems, its founders, and market trends. You would be playing a significant role in raising hundreds of millions of dollars for charity.
You’d be perfect for this role if you’re interested in getting a comprehensive overview of the North American tech sector, with the possibility to grow within the organization, and perhaps one day move into Venture Capital or start your own tech start-up or not-for-profit.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com if interested.