Hi, and welcome to our global community of aspiring suffering abolitionists! :) Our online meetups serve as a platform to help build a productive and collaborative community for goal-oriented people working towards the abolition of suffering. Please check out our new website to dive into the topic of suffering abolition and find cause areas and initiatives to work on: https://suffering-abolition.github.io/.
Date: 23 July 2022 at 03:00 pm UTC.
To see the date converted to your time zone you may use the following link. (It only works if your browser has access to your location.)
We will meet in EA Gather Town.
Nil and I are using the Suffering Abolitionist hall or the main area frequently for co-working, so feel free to knock us if you need some guidance for navigating the space.
Flexible structure of the working meetup:
1. 10 min helping people navigating in the EA coworking and lounge space on gather.town and introducing the Suffering Abolition hall
2. Moderated introduction round with ~1 min/person
3. Deep dive into 2-3 projects of participants
4. End round with sharing of takeaways ~1 min/person
5. Open end (probably unmoderated)
Approximate time investment: 1.5 h
We encourage the following contributions during the meetups:
Desired focus of the event: ~50% on
1. Updates on participants’ personal suffering abolitionist projects
2. Insights of participant’s research - please always specify how the insights contribute to projects that event participants are actually working on.
3. Personal story sharing / connecting / fun / wellbeing
4. Discussing personal fit for individuals and potential contributions
5. Philosophical discussions/ discussions of current media representation and potential responses
6. Research unrelated to specific projects