Hi, and welcome to our global community of aspiring suffering abolitionists! :)
Our online meetups serve as a platform to grow a global community for motivating each other and collaborating on initiatives towards the abolition of suffering.
Please read the full meet up description to prepare beforehand and check out our website to dive into the topic of suffering abolition and find cause areas and initiatives to work on: https://suffering-abolition.github.io/.
We will meet in EA Gather Town.
Below are the Main Area map with the pathway highlighted towards the Suffering Abolition hall, and the map after is the Suffering Abolition hall with the path to the meetup corner.
Nil and I are using the Suffering Abolitionist hall or the main area frequently for co-working as well, so feel free to knock us if you need some guidance for navigating the space.
Flexible structure of the working meetup:
1. The first 10 min people have time to navigate, get our support if needed and gather in the meetup area of the Suffering Abolition hall.
2. We continue with a moderated introduction round of projects with ~1 min/person.
3. Then we have a deep dive into 2-3 projects of participants.
4. In the end, we share takeaways ~1 min/person.
5. Afterwards, we transition into an open end (probably unmoderated).
Approximate time investment: 1.5 h
We encourage the following contributions during the meetups:
Desired focus of the event: ~50% on
1. Updates on participants’ personal suffering abolitionist projects
2. Insights of participant’s research - please always specify how the insights contribute to projects that event participants are actually working on.
3. Personal story sharing / connecting / fun / wellbeing
4. Discussing personal fit for individuals and potential contributions
5. Philosophical discussions/ discussions of current media representation and potential responses
6. Research unrelated to specific projects