Software Engineer working on 5G networks and a bit of machine learning, hoping to switch to something more EA aligned. Currently overwhelmed by numerous moral and epistemic uncertainties but trying to sift through it slowly and critically.
Currently learning about/doing :
- Person affecting views and its consequences on my confidence about Longtermism.
- Suffering focused ethics which intuitively appeals a lot to me, but seems to have weak support from the larger EA community.
- Economics from 'The Principles of Economics' by Gregory Mankiw.
- Whether specializing EA orgs for the Indian context is worth it.
- Reinforcement Learning specialization.
- Whole Numbers and Half-Truths
- How Democracies Die
- How The World Really Works
- Why Nations Fail
- Poor Economics
My short EA journey so far:
- EA Introductory Fellowship.
- The In-Depth Fellowship.
- Currently doing the 8-week career planning course by 80,000 Hours (for over 6 months now :/).
- EA advocacy in personal circles.
- Trying to start a local chapter at my alma mater.