This July saw the first academic conference on effective altruism. The three-day event took place at All Souls College, one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford. The conference featured a diverse range of speakers addressing issues related to effective altruism in a shared setting. It was a fantastic opportunity to share insights and ideas from some of the best minds working on these issues.

I’m very pleased to announce that audio recordings from most of the talks are now available on the conference website, alongside speakers’ slides (where applicable). I’m very grateful to all of the participants for their fantastic presentations, and to All Souls College and the Centre for Effective Altruism for supporting the conference.

Crossposted from the Giving What We Can blog

Reactions

Comments1
Sorted by Click to highlight new comments since: Today at 8:40 AM
[anonymous]10y0

It's worth mentioning that some talks like Parfit's “How we can Avoid the Repugnant Conclusion” were not recorded on request.

Does anyone know what Parfit said about the repugnant conclusion? I ask because I haven't heard many responses to the repugnant conclusion.