.impact is recruiting for full-time or part-time salaried positions. Alternatively, if you’re interested in interning with .impact, there are opportunities to do so over summer, or for a few months (for example, after graduating), either remotely or alongside the team in Vancouver. You can find details of a recent intern’s experiences here.
At .impact, you’ll be part of a small, non-hierarchical team with high levels of autonomy, living and working alongside dedicated EAs. Depending on your interests, you could learn skills such as project and volunteer management or web development.
A few of the projects .impact is currently focusing on are:
- The Local Effective Altruism Network (LEAN) which encourages and supports people in running local EA presences.
- The annual EA Survey
- Expanding and improving the Effective Altruism Hub website
Some advantages of both jobs and internships include:
- A great opportunity to live in an exciting new city with access to natural beauty
- Most of the logistics of setting yourself up in a new place taken care of, with the apartments already set up
- Living and working with like minded EAs
- A fun social scene available, with regular movie nights using our projector, intellectual discussion evenings, parties and hikes in the mountains
- A chance to explore the Pacific North West
- The convenience of free food in the office
- Unparalleled levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Intellectually stimulating, diverse and rewarding work
For these positions, the following are desired:
- Able to work in Vancouver for full-time work (visa will be sorted out); part time work can be remote
- Able to work for at least a few months; longer preferable
- Strong dedication to EA
- Motivated by direct EA work
- High levels of autonomy, able to make autonomous decisions and manage projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills (i.e. able to deal with large amounts of correspondence with EAs and prioritize tasks)
- General technical proficiency (being able to learn computer skills; web development would be a plus, though is not necessary)
- Great organizational skills, dealing with a high variety of tasks and prioritizing well
Potential ways to demonstrate your fit for this position:
- Successfully organizing a local EA presence
- Participating in or running EA projects
- Showing conscientiousness and the ability to get things done
- Volunteering with .impact first by making a firm commitment to do some fixed minimum number of hours a week.
To apply, please email your CV and details of your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.