TL;DR: EA for Jews is running another round of the EA and Judaism Intro Fellowship this October! Apply to join (here) or facilitate (here). Please spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested! If you are connected with a Jewish organization who might be able to help us promote the fellowship, please let us know at Shalom@eaforjews.org.
We’re excited to announce that we will be running another round of the EA and Judaism Intro Fellowship this October!
The fellowship is an 8-week virtual program you can do alongside school or work that explores the core ideas of effective altruism and their relationship to Jewish tradition, texts, culture, and history.
It explores questions such as:
- What do Jewish texts and tradition have to say about our obligations to the global poor, animals, and future generations?
- How should we balance concern for Jewish priorities vs. global priorities?
- How much better are the best options to do good compared to others?
- What can we do to most effectively address pressing global problems like global poverty, pandemics, and risks posed by emerging technologies?
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 11th.
Learn more and apply at: https://eaforjews.org/fellowship!
Ways you can help
(1) Spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested!
Last fellowship, we had over 60 participants and almost everyone who joined heard about it from a direct message from someone they knew! Fellows do not need to be religious or have any prior background with effective altruism. Here are some ways you can help spread the word!
10 seconds or less
1 minute or less
5 minutes or less
- Share the fellowship with a friend who might be interested! This is how almost all of our applicants hear about it! You can send them the fellowship page on our website, or even the syllabus! Not sure what to say? How about: Hey, just sharing a reading group that I thought might be of interest to you! Happy to connect you with the person organizing it if you're interested or have any questions! - https://eaforjews.org/take-action/fellowship/
- Introduce someone who might be interested to me over email (HillelEhrenreich@gmail.com) and I can explain all the details!
- Nominate someone to join using this super short form, and we'll reach out to them!
- Share the fellowship with a Jewish organization you're connected with! You can find a template message and flier here.
We are looking for facilitators who can help lead a cohort of fellows toward a good exchange of ideas. You can lead a group either in person within your own community or online (application here).
(3) Help connect us with a Jewish organization
If you have a connection with a Jewish organization that can help promote our fellowship (such as your synagogue, campus Hillel, study program, etc.) let us know at Shalom@eaforjews.org.