Don Efficace is a French effective giving association that aims to enable donors to support charitable programs deemed to be highly effective by independent evaluators in the area of global health and poverty, with an aim to expand to include climate change, and animal welfare.
Our scope and purpose are similar to those of other effective and successful national giving organizations (eg. Effektiv Spenden in Germany, Ayuda Efectiva in Spain, Doneer Effectief in the Netherlands). The costs of Don Efficace are currently funded by private donors and Giving What We Can, so 100% of common donations fund charitable programs.
We are recruiting for the position of Executive Director. In this strategic role for the development of Don Efficace in France, you will have the autonomy to create your own team, and collaborate with the Board of Directors, which is composed of internationally recognized experts with experience in various fields. The main task is to develop a fundraising strategy with French donors, including the media presence. You will also be in charge of overseeing the operational aspects such as the development of the website, communication tools or means, budget, recruitment, etc.
- Raising funds for charitable programmes with proven effectiveness
- Engage with the French community and the media to promote understanding of the importance of impact and the value of evidence in charitable giving
- Inform the general public about the wide variations in effectiveness of different programs, and the ability of donors to increase their charitable impact based on evidence
- Working alongside other stakeholders (e.g., Giving What We Can, and organizations involved in charitable programmes)
- Developing the community of donors seeking to give effectively in France
- Managing operations in Don Efficace (budget tracking, meetings, reporting to donors, etc.)
- Recruiting and managing a small team of staff and volunteers
The ideal candidate would have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including teamwork but also convincing people to support a project you believe in
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Having a growth mindset, strategic and iterative thinker
- Strong taste for fast-paced projects and small structures
- Strong interest in projects that aim to make a real impact
- Excellent written and spoken French
- Sufficient English for written and spoken communication
- 3-5 years of experience, ideally some in fundraising and management
- Open to the values of Effective Giving: transparency, efficiency, and an evidence-based approach to maximize positive impact
Salary, benefits and location:
We are flexible on the availability of candidates and can accept different formats: full time (CDI), part time, job sharing and contractual arrangements, remote work (full remote acceptable) or on-site in Paris (CET time zone), suitable for family and life commitments. The position requires infrequent participation in meetings compatible with different time zones (approximately 2x/month).
Compensation: ~45 k€ gross per year (+ a variable part), to be negotiated according to experience and location.
To apply, email email@example.com a CV (including at least two references) and cover letter explaining your fit with the job.
We will review applications as we receive them. We would prefer to find someone able to start by September 2023 (but can be flexible for the right person).
For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or other characteristics. We will make reasonable accommodations to accommodate everyone in our workplace. Please contact us to discuss adjustments to the application process.