- Evidence-based advice on how to be successful in any job - 80,000 Hours (45 mins.)
- A (free) weekly career planning course for positive impact - 80,000 Hours (8 weeks)
- Probably Good - a slightly different perspective on effective career choice.
- Magnify Mentoring
- Advice on how to read our advice - 80,000 Hours (10 mins.)
- Ideas for high-impact careers beyond our priority paths - 80,000 Hours (20 mins.)
- Problem areas beyond 80,000 Hours' current priorities - EA Forum (20 mins.)
- Why founding charities is one of the highest impact things you can do (5 mins.)
- Animal Advocacy Careers
Cross-cause career profiles
- Founder of new projects tackling top problems career profile (10 mins.)
- Operations management in high-impact organizations career profile (10 mins.)
- A guide to giving effectively (11 min article or 17 min video)
- Why make a giving pledge when you could just donate? (5 min)
- Media coverage about people giving effectively: ‘“I give away half to three-quarters of my income every year”’ - The Guardian and “New year’s resolutions: ‘I’m going to give away 10% of my income” - The Guardian - lifestyle pieces about Giving What We Can’s members.
- Written member profiles or videos of Giving What We Can members sharing their experiences and motivations
- Where’s the best place to volunteer? - 80,000 Hours (3 mins.)
- Is skilled volunteering for you? - Animal Advocacy Careers (2 mins.)
- Paths to Impact for EA Working Professionals - High Impact Professionals (3 mins.)
When you care a lot about having a positive impact with your life, there is a risk of developing poor boundaries and neglecting your own wellbeing in favour of helping others. In order to avoid this, we must be conscious of the relationship we develop with giving and altruism, and be deliberate about making it healthy and sustainable.
- Replacing Guilt Series
- Aiming for the minimum of self-care is dangerous (10 mins)
- Imperfectly right (2 mins)
- EA Dedicates (10 mins)
- Burnout and self-care (2 mins)
- Can my self-worth compare to my instrumental value? (5 mins)
- After one year of applying for EA jobs: It is really, really hard to get hired by an EA organisation (5 mins)
- EA Mental health navigator
- Having a successful career with depression, anxiety, and imposter syndrome (80,000 Hours podcast episode)
- Don't Be Bycatch
- Can I have an impact if I’m average?
- My experience with Imposter syndrome—and how to (partly) overcome it
- You are probably underestimating how good self-love can be