The Future of Life Institute (http://futureoflife.org) is a Boston-centered but geographically distributed nonprofit seeking to improve the long-term future of humanity on a global scale, organized by world-class scientists and technologists. We are hiring a part-to-full time project coordinator. We’re looking for someone who is:
* Highly organized, detail-oriented, industrious, and generally capable
* Interested in joining a small but very influential team looking to improve the world’s future
* Comfortable working independently and in their own time and space; physical location is largely immaterial but willingness to travel to occasional events is important.
Work items are likely to include:
* Scheduling and managing telecons and other communications
* Organization and maintenance of FLI (online) documents, drives, etc.
* Correspondence (general inquiries, donor thanks, etc.)
* Logistical support (e.g. catering, logistics, attendee communications, etc.) at/for in-person meetings and events.
* Generating and tracking budgets
* Coordinating/overseeing volunteer activities
* Help in tax preparation and general financials
* Processing reimbursements
* General logistics work
* Some website and YouTube account maintenance
Necessary skills include:
* Facility with spreadsheets, document editors and other standard tools
* Good note-taking and ability to convert notes into summaries or minutes
Desirable skills include:
* Event planning
* Experience with database software
* Good mathematical ability and comfort with simple numerical models, statistics, etc.
Pay is competitive, on contract, and commensurate with experience.
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Operations position” in the subject line.