What is the AI Safety Camp?
Would you like to work on AI safety or strategy research and are looking for a concrete way to get started? We are organizing this camp for aspiring AI safety and strategy researchers. At the camp, you:
- build connections with others in the field
- build your research portfolio
- receive feedback on your research ideas and help others with theirs
- make concrete progress on open AI safety research questions
Read more about the last research camp here, including a summary of the produced research.
What’s the structure of the camp?
The camp is preceded by 7 weeks of preparation in form of an online study group of 3-5 people, followed by a 10-day intensive camp with the aim of creating and publishing a research paper, extensive blog post, or github repository.
What will attendants work on?
Participants will work in groups on tightly-defined research projects, for example in the following areas:
- Strategy and Policy
- Agent Foundations (decision theory, subsystem alignment, embedded world models, MIRI-style)
- Value learning (IRL, approval-directed agents, wireheading, …)
- Corrigibility / Interruptibility
- Side Effects, Safe Exploration
- Scalable & Informed Oversight
- Robustness (distributional shift, adversarial examples)
- Human Values (including philosophical and psychological approaches)
When and where?
4–14 October 2018, in Prague, Czech Republic.
Attendance is free.
Applications and more information on aisafetycamp.com