Hi there! My name is Brian. I helped organize the Pittsburgh, PA city group for a year or so from 2018 - 2019. I moved and now I'm back! Also, I'm in grad school now at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania and wondering if it's better to start a new University group or try to revitalize the city group.

Posting to say hi, see if you know anyone near Pittsburgh (chatting with some CMU folks but would love to receive an intro), and put this intention into the world for accountability.

I was wondering if you had any additional tips or feedback. I am working through this guide: https://resources.eagroups.org/start-a-group/before-you-begin at the moment. 

Reactions

Comments4
Sorted by Click to highlight new comments since: Today at 10:15 AM

Hey Brian! It’s a bit late, but someone just pointed me to this post, so I thought I’d still reply. I work in the groups team at CEA and (if it’s still relevant) I would be happy to discuss the decision for reviving the city group vs starting a uni group with you. I’ll DM you my calendly link.

I'd suggest a city group that aims to attract students from each of the universities in the city, as well as other non-students. Hopefully this would help to build a critical mass for the group more easily, as well as connecting people from different places. As an aside, I'll be in Pitttsburgh between September and December – see you there!

Hey Brian! I'll reach out to you on Slack, but just letting other Pittsburghers know that I'm here, too.

Curated and popular this week
Relevant opportunities