- Are you interested in improving community mental wellbeing and supporting potential changemakers in doing good better?
- Are you interested in taking on a new challenge to apply and grow your community management skills?
- Are you interested in learning more about mental wellbeing, or are you an experienced coach or therapist?
Role: ~5 hours per week (~1 hour a day on 5 days of your choice, weekends, or weekdays okay) from now until the mid of November, potentially longer, remote or in Berlin. Due to our non-profit nature, we are looking for someone to donate their time to support the community.
You can apply in <15 min via this form. We'll review applications on a rolling basis and recommend applying until 12.9.
We, at Rethink Wellbeing, are seeking an EA-aligned, dynamic online community manager to enhance community engagement in our Rethink Wellbeing Discord (and maybe Slack). Our Discord community accompanies an active 8-week CBT peer-facilitated support group program and allows members and facilitators to share insights and connect beyond weekly sessions. You’d be part of a nurturing space where progress, challenges, and discoveries are celebrated and shared. This will greatly help people with ongoing behavior change, motivation, and feeling supported in between the group meetings, and thereby, to become more fulfilled versions of themselves.
Why we think this role is high-impact
Rethink Wellbeing is dedicated to elevating overall wellbeing. To achieve this, we use engaging, evidence-based, and low-cost online programs with weekly sessions. Our programs use well-established psychological methods to help participants increase their mental wellbeing and productivity. Ongoing support and behavior change are an important component of making progress possible and long-lasting. Our online community helps to enable and foster that, and thereby increases the cost-effectiveness and quality of our programs.
- Engage with members in general chat and other themed Discord channels
- Initiate and create situations and conversations that foster engagement and interaction among members
- Provide support and encouragement to members when needed, ensuring a positive and inclusive environment
- Monitor and moderate discussions to ensure they adhere to community guidelines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with EA
- Knowledge of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) desired but not essential
- Familiarity with Discord and its features, or the ability to get comfortable with it quickly
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Passion for building and nurturing online communities, and ideally experience with it
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a growing mental wellbeing community
- Gain valuable experience in community management, leadership, and collaboration
- Connect with like-minded EAs who share your passion for cultivating inclusive online spaces
- Job-reference/testimonial after 2 months
Is this you?
We are excited to get to know you!
If you made it all the way here, you can also apply in <15 min here!