- What: The Tarbell Fellowship is a one-year programme for early-career journalists interested in covering important topics such as global poverty and existential risks.
- Benefits: Fellows receive a stipend of up to $50,000, mentorship from experienced journalists and access to a two-week journalism summit in Oxford.
- When: March 1st 2023 → February 29th 2024
- Where: Fellows must attend a two week summit in Oxford (1st-14th March 2023). Travel and accommodation costs will be fully covered for this. Thereafter, the fellowship is designed to be remote-first.
- Who: Early-career journalists interested in covering important yet neglected topics. 0-5 years of journalism experience.
- Deadline: Applications close October 9th, 2022 at 11:59PM Anywhere on Earth.
- How to apply: https://forms.gle/Fom7v1GZ3p2rHsN67
About the Tarbell Fellowship
The Tarbell Fellowship is a one-year programme for early-career journalists intent on improving the world.
The fellowship represents a unique opportunity to do great journalism, covering topics that could have a major impact on the lives of billions, such as global poverty and existential risks.
Fellows receive a stipend of up to $50,000 to support placements at major publications and independent freelance reporting. The programme incorporates expert speakers, feedback & mentorship from experienced journalists and a two-week journalism summit in Oxford. Upon graduation, we expect fellows to bring their impact-focused perspective to major newsrooms and publications around the globe.
The fellowship is designed to support those early in their journalism career, i.e. with 0-5 years of relevant experience. We also welcome applications from mid-career professionals hoping to transition to a career in journalism.
If you are unsure whether you are a good fit, we encourage you to apply or to book a 15-minute call with us to discuss your situation.
See our website for more information.
This is a project of Training for Good, an impact-focused career organisation which was incubated by Charity Entrepreneurship in 2021. Training for Good runs fellowships that enable talented professionals to enter careers in policy and journalism such as the EU Tech Policy Fellowship and the Tarbell Fellowship.