edit: I quickly compiled resources for each aptitude here. I'm pretty confident this is, on average, of mediocre quality so please point me to any higher-quality resources!
I'm adapting GCP's Career Planning Program and adding a track based on Holden's aptitudes framework. Part of this includes a list of resources (c.f. GCP's resources on AI risk). I expect that resources for aptitudes looks different to resources for causes, but that there is a wide variety of useful resources. For example, a resource could help with
- Testing fit independently / intensively (e.g. Important, actionable research questions for the most important century / EA Summer Communications Fellowship)
- Understanding the case for impact (e.g. Communication careers - 80,000 Hours)
- Understanding how others developed their aptitudes (e.g. Tara Mac Aulay on the audacity to fix the world without asking permission)
- Understanding signs of good fit (e.g. Communication careers - 80,000 Hours)
I would prefer resources that are not focused on specific career paths (a la 80k), but are more focused on the skill itself. This means I expect some of the best resources might not be related to EA at all.
Does anyone have a list of relevant resources for any of these aptitudes? (Aptitudes in bold are higher priority because it's harder for me to generate a list of resources)
- “Organization building, running, and boosting”
- Political and bureaucratic
- "Conceptual and empirical research on core longtermist topics"
- "Community building"
- Software engineering
- Information security