Alternate title: EA Job Boards Board
Epistemic status: this is a quickly drafted and incomplete list. This is not wisdom.
What am I missing from this list of organizations and options relevant to job-seekers?
High Impact Recruitment
Open Philanthropy's career development and transition funding (they may have other services I have failed to include)
(don’t forget to actually talk to the orgs who offer advising or other services)
Facebook groups (such as effective altruism job postings) - there are a number of industry or location oriented groups as well. See this effective altruism groups directory - or this list of online groups, some of which are profession oriented
The opportunities channel in the EA Anywhere Slack.
EA Global events are very much networking events and, I suspect, partially job fairs.
Don’t forget about high-impact jobs outside of explicitly-EA orgs.
80,000 Hours may have a big list of unexplored, potentially high-impact paths but I couldn't find it in a quick search.
I’ve probably got a huge blindspot around options for students and academics so those are largely missing from this list. Scholarships for students?
Make your own job:
- apply for a grant (big list here, or manifund.,
FTX Future Fund
- start your own charity/organization/enterprise (e.g. with Charity Entrepreneurship, or on your own)
- start a startup and earn to give
- start an impact-focused for-profit company
(Considerations apply when starting your own project, such as: downside risk, but also the risk of being ambitious enough)
Make someone else’s job:
- earn to give some other way
- or save for your future self to put time towards impact
Win your job retrospectively:
- impact markets / impact certificates