BlueDot Impact is a non-profit project running courses that support participants to develop the knowledge, community and network needed to pursue high-impact careers.
The purpose of this new organisation is to increase the number of people working on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems in an informed way. We do this by building professional, scalable and high-quality courses. We aim to give participants the opportunity to engage deeply and critically with the literature on particular high-impact fields, meet and collaborate with others interested in the topic, and build an understanding of the opportunities to pursue a career in the space.
We believe there are many great people who are interested in working on important problems and have the skills to contribute, but want additional support to take the career-switching leap. By bringing together communities of such people to engage with material on the field over a sustained period and explore the range of career opportunities available to them, we believe they are more likely to make this leap.
BlueDot Impact was founded by the team who was primarily responsible for running previous rounds of the AGI Safety and Alternative Protein Fundamentals courses. We created a new organisation so that we could focus solely on the courses.
We’re really excited about the amount of interest in the courses, and think they have great potential to build awesome communities around key issues. As such we have spent the last few months:
- Working with pedagogy experts to make discussion sessions more engaging
- Formalising our course design process with greater transparency for participants and facilitators
- Building systems to improve participant networking to create high-value connections
- Collating downstream opportunities for participants to pursue after the courses
- Forming a team that can continue to build, run and improve these courses over the long-term