In our interview, we discuss:
- Development policy — what works for growth? Can a few bad policies can be blamed for poverty?
- Charter cities
- The case for open borders
- Democracy — is it overrated? Why do voters keep choosing bad policies? Do democracies last longer, grow faster, and go to war less?
- Stable global totalitarianism
- Should longtermists care more about having more children? Is the cost of subsidising a new life competitive with the cost of saving a life?
- How many children is Bryan's book counterfactually responsible for?
I'm posting this in case anyone wanted to share their thoughts on the topics covered in this episode. This is in the spirit of MichaelA's suggestion of posting all EA-relevant content here on the forum. I realise I've posted a few of these recently, but I'm now up to date! Cheers.