Vivian Belenky, a research fellow at Convergent Research, discusses the use of far-UVC technology to reduce the transmission of pathogens in indoor environments. The conversation covers the current state of the technology, safety considerations, and pathways to reducing its cost.
In this episode we discuss
- How Vivian came to work on biosecurity and specifically indoor air quality
- A brief history of germicidal ultraviolet radiation and the current state of far-UVC technology
- What is required for far-UVC to be adopted in a broader context
- Potential pathways to reducing the cost of far-UVC
- Safety considerations for far-UVC
- How engineers can contribute to developing far-UVC technology
- How engineers can contribute to promoting wide-spread adoption of far-UVC technology
Listen & show notes: http://engineeredforimpact.show/vivian
Watch on YouTube:
About Engineered for Impact
Engineered for Impact is a podcast by High Impact Engineers that aims to inspire engineers to learn and think more about how they can have a positive social impact with their careers.
View past episodes here, including topics such as: