Start: Friday, November 29, 10am
End: Sunday, December 1, 7pm
Location: EA Hotel, 36 York Street, Blackpool
AIXSU is an unconference on AI and existential risk strategy. As it is an unconference, the event will be created by the participants. There will be an empty schedule which you, the participants, will fill up with talks, discussions and more.
AIXSU is inspired by TAISU, which was a successful AI Safety unconference at the EA Hotel in August. The AI and existential risk strategy space seems to be in need for more events and AIXSU hopes to close this gap a bit. The unconference will be three days long.
To enable high-level discussion during the unconference, we require that all participants have some prior involvement with AI or existential risk strategy. AI and existential risk strategy concerns the broad spectrum of things we need to solve in order for humanity to handle the technological transitions ahead of us. Topics of interest include but are not limited to: Macrostrategy, technological forecasting, technological scenarios, AI safety strategy, AI governance, AI policy, AI ethics, cooperative principles and institutions, and foundational philosophy on the future of humanity. Here is an incomplete list of sufficient criteria:
- You have participated in one of the following: Strategy, ideas, and life paths for reducing existential risks, AI Safety Camp, MSFP/AISFP, Human-aligned AI Summer School, Learning-by-doing AI Safety workshop, and have an interest in strategic questions.
- Are currently or have previously worked for or interned at an established existential risk reduction organization
- Have published papers or sufficiently high quality blog posts on strategy-related topics
- Combination of involvement in AI safety or other existential risk work with interest in strategy. For example, you’ve worked on AI safety on and off for a few years and also have an active interest in strategy-related questions.
- You are pursuing a possible future in AI strategy or existential risk strategy and have read relevant texts on the topic.
If you feel uncertain about qualifying, please feel free to reach out and we can have a chat about it.
You can participate in the unconference as many or as few days as you would like to. You are also welcome to stay longer at the EA Hotel before or after the unconference.
Price: Pay what you want (cost price is £10/person/day).
Food: All meals will be provided by EA Hotel. All food will be vegan.
Lodging: The EA hotel has two dorm rooms that have been reserved for AIXSU participants. If the dorm rooms are filled up enough, or if you would like your own room, there are many nearby hotels that you can book. We will provide information on nearby hotels.
Attendance is on a first-come, first-served basis. Make sure to apply soon if you want to secure your spot.