Crosspost; edit: added target group description
NEAD (Netzwerk für Effektiven Altruismus Deutschland) in collaboration with EA Oxford is excited to announce a weekend workshop with senior biosecurity experts.
In a nutshell
- Weekend workshop in Oxford, 2nd of May, Friday evening – Sunday noon
- 20–25 participants, European audience
- Speakers: Jaime Yassif (NTI), Cassidy Nelson (FHI), Piers Millett (FHI, WHO)
- Depending on funding situation: Free / ticket fee (80–150€) / mini-stipends
- Target group: EA aligned; Ambitious to contribute to GCBR reduction; Applicants from diverse backgrounds welcome
Develop, communicate and establish a responsible, cautious and supportive culture for EAs around contributing to the delicate area of GCBR reduction.
- Map the current biosecurity space
- Understand what defines ‘robustly good’ in the context of GCBR reduction
- Develop concrete, focused and actionable ways of contributing to GCBR reduction
- Provide follow-up actions for participants and the EA biosecurity community as a whole