The EAG 2020 team has invited Charity Entrepreneurship (CE) to conduct an AMA on the sidelines of this year’s virtual conference. CE helps start high-impact charities through extensive research and a two-month incubation program.
Hi EAG, Patrick here. I joined CE in the summer of 2019 as a Charity Mentor and have since become more involved, most recently as a Director of Communications. Besides communications, I contribute to developing the curriculum and content of the upcoming incubation program.
I look forward to your questions about CE, our current application window for the 2020 incubation program and on starting high-impact charities from scratch (as our exciting charities incubated last year).
Please post your questions by midnight GMT on Tuesday, 31 March 2020. I will then get back with written responses on the EA Forum by the end of the week. Thanks for your questions. :-)
I also hope you consider applying for our 2020 program by 15 April here (if needed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the program will be conducted online).
A few of my articles for Charity Entrepreneurship:
- Four Reasons Why You Should Consider Charity Entrepreneurship Besides Impact
- Six Ways Your Charity Startup Might Fail -- and How to Prevent That
- Five Challenges a Charity Entrepreneur Faces -- and How to Manage Them
- How to Successfully Pick a Co-Founder
- Working With Your Co-Founder. How to Excel at Joint Decision-Making, Task Management, and Communications
- How to Strengthen Your Co-Founder Relationship
- How an Advisory and Legal Board Can Guide Your Charity
More about my background
Besides Charity Entrepreneurship, I am involved in making the Swiss public sector more user-centric and innovative. I am also contributing to the Swiss ballot initiatives to increase development aid.
I am a co-founder and chair of the board of the GiveWell-incubated charity New Incentives. Previously, I was a political advisor for Switzerland’s economic development agency where I participated in the negotiations on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. I also worked on strategic communications in the context of peacebuilding and mediation at the United Nations Department of Political Affairs in New York. Happy to connect on LinkedIn