Giving What We Can's new fund and charity recommendations are now online!
These recommendations are the result of our recent evaluations of evaluators.
Our research team hasn’t evaluated all impact-focused evaluators, and evaluators haven’t looked into all promising causes and charities, which is why we also host a variety of other promising programs that you can donate to via our donation platform.
We're also thrilled to announce the launch of a new donation option: Giving What We Can cause area funds. These funds offer a convenient option for donors who want to be confident they’ll be supporting high-impact giving opportunities within a particular cause area and don’t want to worry about choosing between top-rated funds or having to manually update their selections as our recommendations change.
You can set up a donation to one or more of these funds, and we’ll allocate it based on the best available opportunities we know of in a cause area, guided by the evaluators we've evaluated. As the evaluators we work with and their recommendations change, we’ll update accordingly, so your donations will always be allocated based on our latest research.
Our content and design teams have been working hard to revamp our recommendations page and donation platform, so you can more easily find and donate to the charities and funds that align with your values. We encourage you to check them out, give us feedback, and share with your friends (we've made some sample social media posts you could use/adapt).
Global health and wellbeing:
- GiveWell’s Top Charities Fund (Grants to the charities below)
- GiveWell’s All Grants Fund (Supports high-impact opportunities across global health and wellbeing)
- Malaria Consortium (Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention Programme)
- Against Malaria Foundation (Bednets to prevent malaria)
- New Incentives (Childhood immunisation incentives)
- Helen Keller International (Vitamin A supplementation)
- EA Funds’ Animal Welfare Fund (Supports high-impact opportunities to improve animal welfare)
- The Humane League’s corporate campaign work (Corporate campaigns for chicken welfare)
Reducing global catastrophic risks:
- Longview’s Emerging Challenges Fund (Previously the “Longtermism Fund” — name change to be reflected on our website tomorrow) (Supports high-impact work on reducing GCRs)
- EA Funds’ Long-Term Future Fund (Supports high-impact work on reducing GCRs)
As always, we value your feedback, so if you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments section here or under our recent post on our evaluations; participate in our AMA today and tomorrow; and/or get in touch with us!