Joe's did a BPhil in philosophy at Oxford University and is a prolific writer on topics both philosophical and practical (until recently his blog was called 'Hands and Cities' but it's all now collected on his personal site.
What should I ask him?
Some things Joe has written which we could talk about include:
- Is Power-Seeking AI an Existential Risk?
- Actually possible: thoughts on Utopia
- On infinite ethics —XIV. The death of a utilitarian dream
- Anthropics: Learning from the fact that you exist
- Against neutrality about creating happy lives
- Wholehearted choices and “morality as taxes”
- On clinging
- Can you control the past?