Last Chance to RSVP for the 'Building Effective Spaces' Conference!
Join us this Saturday for an online conference centered around Hubs, Offices, and Fellowships within the Effective Altruism community.
📅 When and Where?
This Saturday, September 30th, 4pm to 9:30pm BST (11am to 4:30pm EST) via Zoom. Join using this link!
For added interaction and networking, join us on Swapcard.
For your convenience, you can also download the schedule to your Google Calendar here, which will automatically adjust to your time zone.
🎤 Featured Speakers:
Kaleem Ahmid, the outgoing Project Manager for U.S. Property at Effective Ventures Operations, will delve into "Co-working Space Design and Optimization."
Irena Kotíková, the lead organizer for EAGxPrague 2022 and the driving force behind Epistea and Czech EA's community-building efforts, will explore "Human-Centered Spaces."
Conrad Kunadu, a Biosecurity Research Fellow at the Existential Risk Alliance and former Special Projects Associate at Longview Philanthropy, will discuss "Impact and Theory of Change in Co-working Spaces."
Jonathan Michel, Head of Property and interim Head of Staff Support at Effective Ventures Foundation UK and former office manager of Trajan House, will talk about "Approaches to Measuring Impact."
Funding and Community Partnerships
- Rebca Van de Ven, Operations Associate managing the Dupont Impact Hub, Open Philanthropy's shared DC coworking space
- Kaleem Ahmid, outgoing Project Manager for U.S. Property at Effective Ventures
- Nick Fitz, Founder/CEO of Momentum and Catalyst
- Facilitator: Aqeel Ali, Co-founder of Doppler and former operations staff at Redwood Research
Challenges and Opportunities in Different Hub Settings
- Jordan Pieters, Community-building and operations professional, originally from South Africa and affiliated with CEA
- Sandra Malagon, Community Builder for Effective Altruism in Latin America
- Elmerei Cuevas, Executive Director of Effective Altruism Philippines and Founder/CEO of Diligence Cafe
- Facilitator: Peter Elam, Founder of Workshop House in Washington DC and former leader of an innovation lab at the University of Texas
Erin Robertson, Co-director of London EA Hub, will discuss "Theory of Change and Frugality."
Jia Li Leonard, Business Operations Assistant at Open Philanthropy, will share insights on "Office Operations at Open Philanthropy."
Josie Inaldo, Office Manager at Trajan House in Oxford, UK, will talk about "Wellness at Trajan House."
Don't miss out on the latest updates, Zoom details, and agenda changes. RSVP now! While RSVPs are appreciated, they are not mandatory. If you are free at the last minute, join us using this Zoom link!
Volunteers Needed! We're in need of a few more volunteers for the day of the conference. If you're available and want to help out, even if it's just for a short while, we'd love to have you on board. Tasks range from moderating breakout rooms to assisting with tech issues. Every bit of help counts!
Interested in volunteering? Put your name and email in this sheet. Alternatively, drop us an email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's make this event a success together!
Feel free to share this reminder with colleagues and contacts who might be interested in attending. We're looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!
Britney and Tereza
The Building Effective Spaces Conference Team