Do you want to:
- Live up to your values: become more fulfilled, and productive?
- Better achieve your personal and career goals?
- Connect to other community members on a deeper level by going on this journey together?
We [at Rethink Wellbeing] aim to help YOU flourish.
What we do for you
Jump on a Zoom Call once a week with a carefully chosen peer for 1:1s and a group of 5-8 like-minded EAs with the same goal, guided by a trained facilitator. Share personal experiences, learn with and from each other, and hold each other accountable. Together, you will boost your productivity and well-being by applying proven psychological techniques:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy,
- Behavior change,
- Inner-parts work.
We pick these techniques because they’ve been shown to be the most effective in increasing resilience, productivity, and quality of life while reducing and protecting against anxiety, depression, and stress—or even symptoms of ADHD. We use a plethora of helpful tools, from online materials to apps and workbooks. Our content is bespoke to the needs, problems, and preferences of effective altruists. Overcome perfectionism, procrastination, existential dread, and other psychological burdens that come with attacking the world’s most pressing issues.
How it works
- We ask you about your needs and preferences.
- We match you up with an exclusive peer group, tools, and mode of support accordingly.
- You meet your peers for 2h/ week for 4-8 weeks to learn new tools, apply them to your life, and share experiences.
In the end, you likely will be a better version of yourself, live up more to your values, and have formed some friendships.
The support groups we are launching are similar, in some ways, to the concept of mastermind groups. If you have left your email on the corresponding post, you will be automatically notified when we launch.
Places are limited. To avoid missing out, join our waiting list.
- Our service is free, with no strings attached.
- We won’t share anything, with anyone, without your explicit consent.
- You can quit at any time, no questions asked.
We encourage you to join our Effective Peer Support Network via our Slack. Also, you can find experienced voluntary supporters you can reach out to talk in this table.
Who we are
- Dr. Inga Grossmann - Project Lead / Supervision
- Samantha Robins - Training
- Amine Challouf - Operations
- Robert Reason - Research
- Erin Robertson - Assistance
- WE WANT YOU - Co-Director (Apply now)
- Therapists and coaches: Ewelina Tur, Damon Pourtahmaseb-Sasi, Hannah Böttcher, Dave Cortright
- Other contributors: Simon Newstead, Patrick Gruban, Lukas Trotzmuller, Jarred Filmer, David Hartsough, Christian Kleinedamm, John Salter, Helen Hayward, Julia Wise, Steve Thompson, Branimir Dolicki, Yuval Shapira, Ben Williamson, Lucia Purcaru, Gavin Leech, Peter Brietbart
- Core team, Lucia Purcaru, Salman Maqbool, Branimir Dolicki, Dave Cortright, Justus Baumann, and Simon Newstead who contributed to the grant application.
- Lucia Purcaru, Justis Mills, and Branimir Dolicki for providing helpful advice on this post.
Special thanks go to John Salter for
- Introducing us to one core team member and one important collaborator.
- Contributing the most to every stage of the writing process of this post, as well as the grant application, which secured the funding.
We will add this opportunity to the
EA opportunity board!
Thank you, Jessy.
FYI: the Slack invite link is dead.
What does 50 FTE mean? Do you mean 50% full time equivalent.
Huh, where does it say that? (Full-text search on this page for 50 only returns this comment thread.)
Please edit it - I assumed it meant 50 hours a week!
How do you operationalize who counts as a member of the EA community? Is it based on self-identity?
We will likely start with people who already have an EA-aligned job or donate effectively.
This sounds like a great project, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to updates. :)
Is this a group program, or one-on-one, or some of each? Is the "carefully chosen peer" matched with you for all 4–8 weeks?
What type or granularity of goal are you referring to?