Animal Policy International is a Charity Entrepreneurship incubated organisation focused on protecting animal welfare in international trade.
We collaborate with policymakers, farmers, and NGOs towards responsible imports that align with standards and expectations in higher-welfare regions, create fairer market conditions for local farmers, and help to promote higher animal welfare standards in low-welfare countries. You can read more about our work and focus regions in our intro post.
We are looking for skilled volunteers primarily in two areas: research and social media. However, if you are interested in contributing in other domains, don’t hesitate to reach out.
To build the evidence base for our ask, we plan to conduct further research into various topics, including countries’ animal welfare legislation, international supply chains, and write reports for public sharing. We are looking for volunteers to analyse our existing research, identify gaps, conduct additional research, and write and design final reports to be presented to key stakeholders.
Importance: the research will contribute directly to answering the concerns put forward by policymakers and other stakeholders.
We are looking for a person who would contribute to our social media strategy development and execution. This will include designing visuals, writing captions, and publishing on social media platforms, ideally on a regular basis - but you can also help us short-term.
Importance: being present on social media increases API’s credibility and helps to raise awareness of the issue among key stakeholders.
Qualities we are looking for
- Strong internal motivation to help reduce animal suffering
- Interest in this area of volunteering
- Some experience in the area (research or communications)
- Self-motivation to get things done and be an accountable team member
What’s in it for you
- Be part of an impact-focused, caring, and agile team
- High-impact volunteering opportunity: help progress a potentially high impact intervention for animals
- Experience working in a fast-paced charity start-up environment
- Having volunteering experience on your CV can enhance appeal
- Regular feedback on work
- Regular calls with team members
Unsure, whether you should consider skilled volunteering? Check out this post by Sofia Balderson.
We’re looking for volunteers who have short-term availability for our research projects. If you are interested in volunteering for Animal Policy International then please fill in this form. We look forward to hearing from you!