I've sent this to enough people that it seems useful to have all in one place. I looked to see if it had been previously done and couldn't find it, please link me if it has.
Add more in comments and I'll add to the document!
- AI work that philosophers can do (Wei Dai): https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/rASeoR7iZ9Fokzh7L/problems-in-ai-alignment-that-philosophers-could-potentially
- AI potential studies in many topics (including philosophy) (Luke Muelhauser): http://lukemuehlhauser.com/some-studies-which-could-improve-our-strategic-picture-of-superintelligence/
- Concrete Research Projects (many philosophy related): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ArUWDVSQrttIL12oVy18oH36O_iYLfyLixCUwErracI/edit#gid=0
- 80k research questions (philosophy section): https://80000hours.org/articles/research-questions-by-discipline/#philosophy-research-questions
- Technical and Philosophical Questions That Might Affect Our Grantmaking, from Open Philanthropy: https://www.openphilanthropy.org/blog/technical-and-philosophical-questions-might-affect-our-grantmaking
- GPI Research Agenda (many philosophy related): https://globalprioritiesinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/gpi-research-agenda.pdf
- Research I'd Like To See" by Fin Moorhouse, Philosophy of Mind section: https://www.finmoorhouse.com/writing/research#philosophy-of-mind--psychology
- EA Projects I'd Like To See by Fin Moorhouse, Utilitarianism section: https://www.finmoorhouse.com/writing/ea-projects
- Open Questions related to s-risks from Center for Reducing Suffering
- Rob Long's Questions About Artificial Sentience
Thanks for sharing this!
I also recommend looking at Michael's "central directory of open research questions," which has a lot of topics to explore.
opinionated (per its title) and non-comprehensive, but "Key questions about artificial sentience: an opinionated introduction" by me:
The Center for Reducing Suffering has this list of open research questions related to how to reduce S-risks.