About Global Food Partners
Global Food Partners (GFP) is seeking a contract developer to build and launch a beta version of a Cage Free Hub, a global producer database and resource centre. By connecting egg producers with businesses looking to source cage-free eggs, the project aims at increasing follow-up on cage-free pledges.
Global Food Partners is a Singapore-based animal welfare consulting group active in 8 countries across Asia supported by the EA Animal Welfare Fund (which funded this project) and Open Philanthropy.
We work cooperatively with multinational food companies and Asian egg producers to transition their Asian supply chains to cage-free. This is important work: the majority of the world's caged layer hens are in Asia, where domestic cage-free campaigns are only just getting started.
- 2+ years of experience with Django or a framework with a similar paradigm.
- Ability to work autonomously, and know when to resolve an issue on your own, and when to escalate a problem or obstacle.
- Familiarity with HTML, TypeScript and SCSS.
- Experience with a frontend framework (React/Angular/Vue) is a plus.
About the role
- You’ll help launch the beta version of the Cage Free Hub which will be rolled out to hundreds of producers and businesses.
- You’ll work on a completely open-source project that grew out of the eahub.org codebase.
- You will be supported and mentored by Victor Yunenko, one of the lead developers of the EA Hub. Victor has engineered over a hundred Django projects of various complexity.
This is a fully remote independent contractor role which would be approximately 1-3 months of full-time work for the launch of the MVP, with a scope for further development. We are hiring on a rolling basis. We are able to offer an hourly rate of USD $20-60, depending on the candidate’s skill level and past experience, with some flexibility for exceptional candidates.
Please apply using this link. We review candidates on a rolling basis, so please apply soon.
If you have any questions about this role or would like more information, please do reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.