This is a quickly made, low-effort post, but I'm hoping it'll be useful to some people anyway. Please let me know if you know of things I missed. I list things in order of recency, and I'm including some things that aren't primarily about the question in the title but are still quite relevant to it.
Last edited: 2023 Jan 3
- "Project idea: What's the magnitude & pathways for good/bad x-risk-relevant effects of policy work outside US & China?" - Aird, 2023 (message me if you want access)
- Main paths to impact in EU AI Policy - JOMG_Monnet, 2022
- How long till Brussels?: A light investigation into the Brussels Gap - Yadav, 2022
- Supplement to "The Brussels Effect and AI: How EU AI regulation will impact the global AI market" - Anderljung & Siegmann, 2022
- Is the European Union Relevant for AGI Governance? - Nicolas, 2022
- Reasons why EU laws/policies might be important for AI outcomes - Michael Aird, 2022
- European Union AI Development and Governance Partnerships - EU AI Governance, 2022
- Argument Against Impact: EU Is Not an AI Superpower - EU AI Governance, 2022
- Will the EU regulations on AI matter to the rest of the world? - Nicolas, 2022
- EU's importance for AI governance is conditional on AI trajectories - a case study - MathiasKB, 2022
- What is the EU AI Act and why should you care about it? - MathiasKB, 2021
- AI Governance Career Paths for Europeans - careersthrowaway, 2020
- How Europe might matter for AI governance - Stefan Torges, 2019
- AI policy careers in the EU - Lauro Langosco, 2019
There may be some posts I missed with the European Union tag.
There are also posts with that tag that aren’t about AI governance but which address a similar question for other cause areas and so might have some applicable insights.
There are also presumably relevant things I missed that aren’t on the Forum, including things that don't focus on longtermism/x-risks but still make relevant arguments about whether to focus on AI policy in the EU vs elsewhere.