Effective Altruism Handbook: Motivation Series
The EA Handbook introduces readers to effective altruism by presenting summaries of key concepts and sharing classic articles from a variety of authors.
This first collection of posts explores some of the ideas that motivate people to do as much good as they can, and how they apply across the causes and concerns of the EA movement.
You can learn more about the project and its goals here.
The Handbook is a work in progress, and we'd love to hear your feedback! You can leave questions and comments on the posts, or submit your thoughts through our feedback form. (The form is a bit more helpful, since we've used it to ask specific questions.)
If you're new to effective altruism, you might also enjoy:
- Doing Good Better, a book on the core ideas of effective altruism
- The Precipice, a book on some of the biggest threats to human civilization
- The Life You Can Save, a classic book on effective giving (available free in audiobook form, or for 99 cents on Kindle)
- The 80,000 Hours Key Ideas series ("a guide to using your career to help solve the world's most pressing problems")
- The Effective Altruism Newsletter (monthly updates on EA news, jobs, and events, aimed at a general audience)