In EA Israel we are working on expanding and organizing what we can offer to universities and which initiatives we'd like to promote. We'll share our conclusions for review later on, but for now I'm interested in getting more ideas and having more examples of (hopefully successful) projects initiated globally.
The scope is large, and may include at least the following:
- Student outreach (like Fellowship programs, introductory courses and speaking events)
- Student research support (coaching like Effective Thesis, or grant programs)
- Supporting student projects (focusing students' work on more important issues)
- Domain-specific initiatives (like Alt-Protein student groups, topical conferences, or academic research centers)
- Outreach to senior academics (by targeting specific individuals, by giving talks, by broadly engaging with the academic literature)
- Improving targeted academic institutions (by supporting some program operationally or financially, by influencing research priorities, by metascientific-oriented work)