I recently learned from the Key EA Numbers Anki deck that median household income is Int$2,835, or $236 per month (methodology). I'm interested in some slice-of-life data about people earning about that much money. Imagine answering these questions for common archetypes of people at that income. If I imagine myself living at that income:
- What type of food do I eat?
- Do I typically own the land I live on? What's my house like? How many people do I live with?
- How far away is the nearest city?
- How do I make money, or am I subsistence farming?
- What countries might I live in?
- What impact has Covid had on my life?
- How much money do I have tucked away for emergencies, if any? Do I have anyone I can depend on if I find myself in need?
- What medical care can I get?
That's a lot of questions that might be difficult to answer, so definitely answer even if you only have information about one. I'm sure I'm curious about more than just those questions — I'd be happy if the comments were filled with all sorts of random related information.
Thanks! That's very much the sort of thing that's helpful.