Would you like to leave money in your will to GiveWell’s top rated charities at the time of your passing? If so, Charity Science will you help you write it for free.
To make it as easy as possible for you, we at Charity Science have made a simple form that takes as little as 5 minutes to complete. After that you come out with a ready made will. And don’t worry if you’re not sure what to put in it; it’s easy to change and you can always come back to it later. So give it a shot here. The default option should be to set it up just in case something terrible does happen, that way you always have something ready.
A few more reasons to take the time to write a will include:
- Reducing the inheritance tax incurred - leaving money to charity being an excellent way to do so.
- Making provisions for your children if you have any, for example by choosing who will take care of them and setting aside funds for this.
- Making any other necessary provisions, such as for your pets, or your business, or other responsibilities that you have.
- Specifying what sort of funeral you would like, which will spare your family from having to make the decision.
- Naming your executors for your will (family members are a standard choice).
But most of all it’s because you have the incredible opportunity to do an epic amount of good.
You can set it up here. After that consider talking to your friends, parents and grandparents to see if they would be interested in doing the same. It’s really important you mention it because the average amount left to charities in a will is in the thousands of dollars so a few words may go a very long way.