This post was written very quickly by a non-expert. Do your own reading before changing your diet!
You should make sure you get iodine:
- Unlike most countries, table salt in the UK is not iodised
- Most Brits get plenty of iodine from dairy
- Deficiency risk factors include being vegan, being female
- Iodine deficiency while (pre) pregnant or breastfeeding can cause IQ drop and even cretinism in the child
- For everyone else, symptoms are usually mild
- Buy iodised salt or even supplements. Careful, you can get too much.