The University Groups Team at CEA is hiring a University Group Coordinator! Applications close Wednesday, November 8th and we are hosting a Q&A on the role at 12pm ET on Wednesday, October 25th (call link here).
At the Centre for Effective Altruism (CEA), we're harnessing students' energy, intellect, and talent globally to drive transformative impact on the world's most pressing problems. On our team, you can support 150+ university EA groups including those at the world’s top universities, mentor emerging leaders, and drive impactful projects. We are seeking both junior and experienced candidates.
Rob Gledhill, the previous Head of Groups at CEA has recently been announced as the new CEO of EV UK. I (Jessica McCurdy), previously University Groups Team Lead, will replace him and Joris Pijpers will replace me. With these exciting changes, we are in need of a new member to join the University Groups Team!
I have absolutely loved working with the University Groups Team. I have gotten to work with some of the most passionate and hard-working people I know, and have seen tangible results like students I recommended going into high-impact jobs and groups flourish that I have helped start. I am also grateful for the flexibility and resources CEA gave me to create new programs and shape the space of university EA groups. This is an exciting position and I encourage you to check it out!
You can read the full role description and apply here.
We had Chat GPT make us a TLDR below :)
Why this role?:
- Massive Reach: With over 150 university EA groups, our influence spans from Stanford to the University of Hong Kong, nurturing the next wave of world changers.
- Historical Impact: In surveys of the EA community, university groups were among the top two most common ways respondents entered promising existential risk reduction career paths with hundreds more engaging with effective giving and other high-impact careers.
- Dynamic Growth & Exploration: From spearheading new pilot programs to enhancing existing platforms, your role is pivotal for the team.
About the Role: Dive into a multifaceted position where you'll:
- Mentor and accelerate promising talent.
- Enhance engagement at elite institutions like Oxford and MIT.
- Contribute to innovative, scalable programs.
- Strategize for high-impact outreach to create ambitious, and epistemically robust EA communities.
Who Are You?
- A bridge-builder with great interpersonal skills.
- A strategic executor who prioritizes for maximum impact.
- A mentor, passionate about nurturing others.
- A clear communicator, embodying the core values of EA.
- Driven by our mission: maximizing impact.
- A chance to have a large global impact with mentorship and guidance
- Competitive salary adjusted for your location (We prefer people to work from Berkeley or Oxford if possible.)
- Comprehensive benefits from professional development to mental health support.
- A team that thrives on being supportive, having high output, and making a genuine difference.