I'm a mathematician working on collective decision making, game theory, formal ethics, international coalition formation, and a lot of stuff related to climate change. Here's my professional profile.
My definition of value :
- I have a wide moral circle (including aliens as long as they can enjoy or suffer life)
- I have a zero time discount rate, i.e., value the future as much as the present
- I am (utility-) risk-averse: I prefer a sure 1 util to a coin toss between 0 and 2 utils
- I am (ex post) inequality-averse: I prefer 2 people to each get 1 util for sure to one getting 0 and one getting 2 for sure
- I am (ex ante) fairness-seeking: I prefer 2 people getting an expected 1 util to one getting an expected 0 and one getting an expected 2.
- Despite all this, I am morally uncertain
- Conditional on all of the above, I also value beauty, consistency, simplicity, complexity, and symmetry
I need help with various aspects of my main project, which is to develop an open-source collective decision app, http://www.vodle.it :
- project and product management
- communication, marketing, social media
- quality control, testing