[link] "20-year-old claims $451 million jackpot, hopes to 'do some good for humanity'"

[deleted]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/20-year-claims-451-million-jackpot-hopes-good/story?id=52311610

"Missler plans on plunking down some of the lottery loot for a new home in Tampa and then pursuing a 'variety of passions,' according to the Florida Lottery, as well as helping others.

'I intend to take care of my family, have some fun along the way, and cement a path for financial success so that I can leave a legacy far into the future,' Missler said in a statement. 'I have always been one to encourage the idea of chasing dreams and I believe life is about the pursuit of passion. I am 20 years old and my journey has only just begun.'

The win didn't come as a shock for Missler, whose attorney set up a private limited company called 'Secret 007, LLC,' officials said."

ETA: I'm posting this here because this may be an unusual opportunity to cause some proportion of jackpot winnings to go to effective organizations.  My first thought was for something along the lines of a change.org petition to be sent to his LLC suggesting that he consider donating to GiveDirectly as a means of using his winnings to benefit humanity, with a case for the particular value of GiveDirectly from multiple ethical perspectives (ETA: WITHOUT going out of the way to connect GD to EA, just focusing on GD itself).  Others here are welcome to use this as a starting point and refine it, offer other ideas, or argue that this entire line of thought is misguided.  Inaction should be the default, but with potentially tens of millions of dollars that the winner wants to use altruistically but has no specific plans for, I think an attempt at outreach should at least be seriously considered.