UPDATE November 14th: This donation matching opportunity has expired as of November 14th, 2022.
Last November EAs from all over the world directed over $400k from Every.org's donation matching pool to effective nonprofits in their November 2021 Fall Giving Challenge (details).
In summary, each person can direct up to $300 to any three 501(c)(3) nonprofits of your choice through a 1:1 donation match. The process takes ~5 minutes:
How to Get Matched
1. Set up a recurring donation ($50 per month) for up to three (3) different nonprofits on Every.org.
2. That's it. The first $50 of each of your donations in both November and December will be matched one-to-one. i.e. Your six total donations of $50 (totaling $300) will be matched $300 total by Every.org. See Main Notes for details details.
- Using a credit card for your donation is probably easiest/fastest.
- Select "Give Monthly" to get the donation matching.
- By default when you donate there is a preselected option to donate $15 to Every.org. If you don't want to do that, you have to slide the slider to the left, down to $0.
- Also, if you don't want to continue with the recurring donations after the match, be sure to set a reminder to disable it in December. This link will add a reminder event to your Google Calendar.
- Even if the Funds Remaining runs out in November, recurring donations that get matched in November will also get matched in December. (When you set up your recurring donation in November, the match amount for both your November and future December donation is immediately deducted from the Funds Remaining dashboard and set aside for your December donation to get matched.)
- See the Donations tab of my profile for links to the 70+ EA nonprofits on Every.org that EAs donated to last year.
- Do not create multiple accounts on Every.org to exploit the match limits ($50 x 2 per nonprofit, three nonprofits per person). Doing so can result in the nonprofits you are supporting losing all their matching funds.