A hugely popular EA Forum post this past winter illustrated the tremendous difficulty in getting hired by effective altruist organizations.
This week at Berkeley REACH, Kelsey Piper highlighted a few shifts in the EA community that seem relevant. As EA has become more focused on big-picture ideas, we've become less excited by the prospect of giving ~10% of your income every year, for example by saving lives in developing countries. Still, it's pretty incredible that that's something most people can do!
In the vein of high-impact, accessible opportunities, Kelsey also noted that Impossible Foods has ~30 openings at the moment, many of them doable by EAs without even requiring any specialized skills. Do you live in the San Francisco bay area? Can you do manufacturing work? Then there's a job there for you.
To widen this a bit, there are frankly *a bajllion* jobs right now working on plant-based and cell-based meat. So I've highlighted a few below, focusing on breadth of companies and less technical positions. Happy applying!
- Seattle Food Tech: Plant-Based Meat Production (Part-time/Full-Time, Seattle, WA)
- Seattle Food Tech: People and Culture Manager (Seattle, WA)
- Impossible Foods: Chief of Staff to the CEO (Redwood City, CA)
- Impossible Foods: Lead Processing, 2nd shift (Oakland, CA)
- Beyond Meat: Facilities & Maintenance Coordinator (El Segundo, CA)
- Beyond Meat: Front Desk Specialist (El Segundo, CA)
- Califia Farms: Production Lead (Bakersfield, CA)
- Califia Farms: Data Engineer (Bakersfield, CA)
- Huel: Head of Sales (New York, NY)
- Ginkgo Bioworks: Software Architect (Boston, MA)
- Ginkgo Bioworks: Program Management Lead (Boston, MA)
- Daiya: Brand Manager (Vancouver, Canada)
- Hodo: Production Worker (Oakland, CA)
- Miyoko's: Sanitation Associate (Petaluma, CA)
- Quorn: Logistics Coordinator (Stokesley, United Kingdom)
- Ripple: Financial Analyst (Berkeley, CA)
- Memphis Meats: Research Associate (Berkeley, CA)
- JUST: Research Associate, Food Science (San Francisco, CA)
- Mission Barns: Clean Meat R&D Intern (Berkeley, CA)
- Perfect Day: Supply Chain Manager (Emeryville, CA)
- Clara Foods: Process Associate (South San Francisco, CA)
- Finless Foods: Senior Scientist (Berkeley, CA)