Project for Awesome (P4A) is running Wednesday, February 10th to Sunday February 14th this year.

Basically, 

1. People make short 1-4 min videos supporting charities and upload them to the website by February 10th, 11:59am (noon) Eastern time; the videos can’t be resubmissions of old ones.
  2. People vote on the videos on the weekend, February 12th to 14th.
  3. The charities with the most votes, the total across all their videos, win money. In past years, this was USD $14,000-$25,000 per charity. This means one more video for a charity lets everyone vote at least one more time for that charity! So, coordinating around which charities to support can help a lot.

Besides the money to effective charities, it's also a good opportunity to promote EA charities. Last year, some in the EA community coordinated around the Against Malaria Foundation, GiveDirectly, the Good Food Institute and Clean Air Task Force, and all 4 won. 

Please join the Facebook group, EA Project 4 Awesome 2021!

Here's the official Project for Awesome website: http://www.projectforawesome.com

We have a poll running until tomorrow (Thursday, January 28th) to pick the charities to coordinate around: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1666606496928923/permalink/2893708027552091/

If you already voted, consider checking back tomorrow and voting again on newer options. You can also still add options. Voting is now closed.

Sign-up sheet to let us know which charities you'll make videos for.

Comments3
Sorted by Click to highlight new comments since: Today at 11:29 AM

I want to signal boost this as a highly cost-effective volunteer opportunity.

The entire process of reading up on what to do, figuring out how to create a video, creating it, and uploading it to the P4A website only took me about an hour last year, and I think doing this is worth a few hundred dollars to the charity in expectation (with diminishing returns after the charity you're creating a video for already has 10-15 videos).

If you already voted in the poll, consider checking back tomorrow and voting again on newer options. You can also still add options.

Sign-up sheet to let us know which charities you'll make videos for.

Curated and popular this week
Relevant opportunities