TL;DR: Probably Good’s career guidance services just got a lot better!
- We renovated & rebranded our website – check it out and leave feedback
- We opened applications for 1-on-1 career guidance services! Apply here
- We published a lot more career profiles & completed our career guide
- Meet us at EAG! Come by our organization fair booth or community office hours
Probably Good is a career guidance organization aiming to make impact-centered career advice more accessible to more people (you can read more about our goals, approach, and more in our about-us page). Our renovated site is a big improvement to our overall look and should provide a much better experience for readers. Updates include:
- A complete redesign to make the site more friendly, engaging, and easy to navigate. It loads faster, it looks better, and it's now easier to spend the hours of research your career deserves.
- A full end-to-end guide for how to think about and pursue an impactful career! We restructured the guide to be more accessible and engaging, and will continue making updates/adding summaries in the coming weeks.
- A LOT of new content:
Apply for 1-on-1 career advising
Along with the new site, we also officially launched our 1-on-1 career advising service. These calls are a chance for us to help you think through your goals and plans, connect you to concrete opportunities and experts in Probably Good's focus areas, and provide ongoing consultation services. Applications are now open!
If you’re currently planning your career path or looking to make a change, we encourage you to apply. We’re also happy to work with people who are motivated to do good but are unfamiliar or less involved with EA, so feel free to share this opportunity more broadly with your network outside of the community. If you have further questions about the application process, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our team will be at EAG, so if you’d like to learn more about Probably Good or chat about career advising, feel free to stop by our table at the organization fair Friday or come by community office hours on Saturday 5-6pm.
- Apply for advising!
- Give us feedback on the site. There are still quite a few changes we plan on making and technical quirks we’ll continue to update over the coming weeks. That said, we’d greatly appreciate any feedback on the site. To ensure that we’ll see your comments, the best way to leave feedback is through our contact form. You can also reach out directly at email@example.com.
- Direct people who might be interested to our site. If you’re a community organizer (especially at a university or in a region outside the U.S. & U.K) we’d appreciate it if you'd spread the word about our resources & advising opportunities and let us know what further resources would be useful for your community.
Many thanks to User-Friendly for making our whole website redesign & rebranding possible! They did a great job understanding our brand & needs, and provided a new look for PG that we’re really excited about.
We also want to shout out our newest team members who helped make all these updates possible!
- Itamar Shatz, our new Head of Growth. Itamar’s writing about applied psychology and philosophy is read by over a million people each year, and linked from places like The NY Times and TechCrunch. He has a PhD from Cambridge University, where he is an affiliated researcher and teaches quantitative research methods.
- Thane Fowler, our new Operations Lead. Thane studied Psychology and Queer Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He has since held a variety of positions in the US, Botswana, and Mexico. Before joining Probably Good he worked in business operations and program coordination in the education sector.
- Vaishnav Sunil, our 1:1 Advising Lead. Vaishnav is part of MIT’s Sculpting Evolution group, working on global catastrophic biorisk reduction. He holds an undergraduate degree in Computer Science and an MBA from MIT Sloan.