The Centre for Effective Altruism will be organizing and supporting conferences for the EA community all over the world in 2023. We currently have the following events scheduled:
- EA Global: Bay Area | (February 24–26, 2023)
- EA Global: London | (May 19–21, 2023)
- EA Global: US East Coast | (Fall/Autumn 2023) | Details TBC
- EAGxVirtual | (October 21–23, 2022)
- EAGxRotterdam | (November 4–6, 2022)
- EAGxBerkeley | (December 2–4, 2022)
- EAGxLatinAmerica | (January 7–8, 2023)
- EAGxIndia | (January 13–15, 2023)
- EAGxNordics | (April 21–23, 2023)
Applications for EAGxVirtual and EAGxRotterdam are open (here), and we expect applications for the other conferences to open approximately 2 months before the event. Applications for EA Global: Bay Area will open in November.
(If you'd like to add EA events like these directly to your Google Calendar, use this link.)
Some notes on these conferences:
- EA Globals are run in-house by the CEA events team, whereas EAGx conferences are organized independently with financial support and mentoring from CEA.
- EA Global conferences have a high bar for admission and are for people who are very familiar with EA and are taking significant actions (e.g. full-time work or study) based on EA ideas.
- Admissions for EAGx conferences are processed independently by the EAGx conference organizers. These events are primarily for those who are newer to EA and interested in getting more involved and who are based in the region the conference is taking place in (e.g. EAGxIndia is primarily for people who are interested in EA and are based in India).
- Please apply to all conferences you wish to attend once applications open — we would rather get too many applications for some conferences and recommend that applicants attend a different one, than miss out on potential applicants to a conference.
- Applicants can request financial aid to cover the costs of travel, accommodation and tickets. If you are accepted to one of our conferences, we want you to attend without financial burden or stress, so if you are on the fence about applying please do so. For example, if you feel like you technically could afford the travel, but it would be financially uncomfortable to do so, we’d encourage you to apply for funding.
- The EA Global dates were selected so as to avoid any major public or religious holidays. We also wanted to space the conferences out as much as possible, and as such we’re hosting the Bay Area conference in the winter as it’s our only major location that has good weather around this time. We selected Oakland (rather than San Francisco as per usual) because of a good venue we found there, the Oakland Marriott.
- We also expect that there will be more EAGx events in or near the same locations as our EA Globals, but they may not all be planned out or booked in yet.
- Find more info on our website.
As always, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or comment below.