This is a linkpost for https://80000hours.org/podcast/episodes/christian-tarsney-future-bias-fanaticism/
- "Future bias", or why people seem to care more about their future experiences than about their past experiences.
- A possible solution to moral fanaticism, where you can end up preferring options that give you only a very tiny chance of an astronomically good outcome over options that give you certainty of a very good outcome
- How much of humanity’s resources we should spend on improving the long-term future
- How large the expected value of the continued existence of Earth-originating civilization might be
- How we should respond to uncertainty about the state of the world
- The state of global priorities research