CEA is excited to announce that the EA Groups Resource Centre has been significantly updated! We've made substantial changes to improve information transfer and user experience based on over forty user interviews completed this summer and continuous feedback collected since its creation.
Key improvements include:
- Reduction in links to other resources: the new resource centre functions far more as a one-stop shop for all your group organising needs.
- New information: new pages have been added to address the needs of group organisers in a more targeted way.
- Conciseness: we received feedback that the past resource centre was overwhelming, so we've reduced the content per page, giving you only the best information.
- Clarity: all pages have been updated and formatted to maximise readability.
- Navigation: re-organised content structure and grouping to find content more easily.
- Design: redesigned website in a new format for more intuitive use.
Some of our brand-new pages are:
- Checklist for group members: a step-by-step guide of robust actions to take for newer EA members.
- Post-intro fellowship guide: some key considerations for planning your group activities after an intro fellowship, accompanied by syllabi and programs you can run.
- Semester planning template: a thorough checklist of steps for university groups to go through before the start of the academic year.
Some of our heavily updated pages include:
- 1:1s: we've split this important topic into career 1:1s and general 1:1s, and created a self-contained information hub on navigating them.
- Events pages: we’ve added a lot of extra information, like length, target audience, pros and cons, and more, to our guides on workshops, talks, and socials.
- Social media: we've distilled and clarified information to give you easy-to-follow instructions on navigating your social media strategy and content.
We welcome further feedback on the new site here. The feedback we received on the old resource centre was invaluable in updating this version, and we would be very excited to get more ideas of ways we could improve the site!