I'm working to build supporters and 'founding committee' for an 'Unjournal' ... funding journal-independent peer review, evaluation, and rating of projects and papers relevant to global priorities and EA. We'll have an initial focus on empirical work and on social science/econ/impact evaluation. And we have some funding now, thanks to the LTFF (and ACX)!
- Looking to gain credible supporters and feedback, and build a 'founding committee' to set up rules and get things rolling,
- Scoping the potential coverage of the unjournal, and potential audiences and interested reviewers and editor-esque managers
- Looking for 'key examples of relevant research projects/papers', including projects to use as test-cases
Looking for lists (and suggestions)
I was going to build an Airtable/database for linked lists like...
- Researchers/academics who have spoken at EA conferences
- ... or who have affiliations with EA orgs or who are known to be
- EA-adjacent open-science advocates and publication innovators
- Academic research groups doing EA-adjacent work
But before I get started, maybe there are some existing lists. I'll compile whatever is shared with me, and probably use it as input to an Airtable (with acknowledged sources, obviously)
I'll soon put out a more prominent 'call for interest, applications, nominations, and suggestions' for both members of the founding/managing committee and for projects/papers to start with. ... But I welcome suggestions now too.
I also may put a 'bounty' on this (rewards for accepted suggestions) ... which will, of course, be retroactive if it happens.